Monday, November 12, 2012

Gender Reveal Scratch-off

Since we did not have time in the schedule to have a party for our only gender reveal, I still wanted to do something fun for family and close friends.  I went with the scratch-off idea.  I got cards printed with all of the words from Jamie Konet, which turned out to be so cute.  I then colored a heart when we got the gender results.  I covered the heart with a peel-and-stick laminated sheet which was painted and then punched.  The paint was two part paint and one part dish soap.  It actually seemed to scratch off really easy.  Although I didn't properly measure it out, so the mixture was probably just a bit too much soap.  Also, the punch did not turn out great.  I read about someone else using a punch, which is why I did it.  I think it was the punch I was using and not the idea.  We are calling the baby "Lucky" at the moment so I tried a four-leaf clover punch.  I think it was either too small or at least parts of it were too small.  I only got a few which looked completely whole after punching.  Anyway, it was a lot of fun to do the project.  It has been a while since I have had a chance to do any project really so I was really itching for one.