The party was a compromise. I wanted to do water as it is summer and hot (and hopefully not raining) and the kids need to be outside. But she was insisting on Frozen even though I am over going to Frozen parties. I used my plan for the invites adding 'Frozen' into it. The four remaining sections have the date, time, RSVP, and "in lieu of gifts please donate to.." as I try to do. So we had mostly all water toys and I add some "Frozen" food and fake snow, plus a cardboard Elsa & Anna. The cake also got some Frozen love.
This is the cake. I saw this one and thought it adorable so I just added Olaf for our compromised theme. I tried to add the foil for Olaf's tanning like in his song. It took many days because of the freeze time required but totally worth it!
The Frozen food labels and the summer food labels were both free printables. There were snowballs (pirate booty or white cheese balls which I could not find), beach balls (orange cheese balls), pool noodles (Veggie Sticks), beach blankets (Fruit by the Foot), fish (Goldfish), Olaf's noses (baby carrots), life preservers (Fruit Loops because I wanted something that wasn't more candy), gummy butterflies, flower lollipops, ranch dip, apple slices, jello ice cubes and melted Olaf's (yogurt with pretzel sticks, eyes, and Mike and Ike orange candies).
Jello ice cubes was one of the snacks out. I did follow the recipe but the layers did not work as expected. Maybe my fridge was not as cold but the set up for the first layer should have been closer to an hour instead of 30 minutes. I had moved it to the freezer but had already made the second layer so I needed to use it before it got too cool. I should have checked it before making the second layer. Needless to say, our ice cubes were just all blue. Oh, and the instruction say to use an 8x8 dish but really you need one twice that size.
one, two, three. I personally thought number one was the best of the three. It felt fun in the mix. Number two actually felt cold in my hands when mixing so that would have been my favorite if it would have just made more. It took a large box of baking soda to get maybe half of one recipe of the other. Number three seemed to mold better, but since the flour was not white white, it was not as white as the others. I made them all the night before and none of them really worked the same the next day. So there must be additional mixing needed after storing each one, or maybe my mix was just a little too dry originally.