Thursday, August 21, 2014

Fourth of July Party


We hosted a Fourth of July party this year. The main food was crawfish with corn and potatoes, fried fish and shrimp cocktail. But I got to add the desserts in color schemes. I had two in mind that I could do in the proper color scheme.

I made this recipe and topped with with strawberries, blueberries, and marshmallows.

I also made a pho molten cake using my pampered chef rice cooker. So easy, mix the cake, dump some icing in there, and cook in microwave for 11 minutes and done. And it doesn't taste mushy like most microwave cakes, even though oven baked is still the best. I should have made my icing a darker blue, but I was happy with it. I used strawberries to add the red. I thought about using blue and red icing but wasn't sure if it would just turn out purple.

No comments: