Tuesday, March 27, 2012

For My Valentine

I saw new Valentine Chair Backers which I thought were too cute looking like an envelop and all.  I thought they would be simple enough to make, so I tried.  I made them for my daughter's class and since they are only small toddlers I thought it would be okay to try going very simple with the project.  I planned on the kids decorating them so I just used some felt for the the envelop and practiced my stitching.  I want to make things when I practice instead of just using scraps and not seeing anything in return to know how it will really look.


All I did was cut felt and sewed it all together.  I put some velcro for the strips to connect to the back of the envelop and attach over the chair.  I measured the chairs in the classroom to get the sizing right.

I used:
2 pieces of 12 x 9
1 piece trianglar that was 12w x 4.5h (7.5 on sides)
2 strips of 13 x 1.5w

I just sewed all of the edges with a very simple stitch, and went back with sharp sizzors to clean up the edges.  The felt harts and letters were packets that I could buy all different.

No comments: