Sunday, April 22, 2012

Easter treats

Well I have been doing a lot of pinning, so I see a few things that give me ideas for when we host.  And we did actually host Easter dinner so I got to use a few of the ideas.  I wanted to try making these http://doitandhow.com/2012/03/12/crescent-carrots-with-egg-salad/ but I wasn't allowed to do egg salad, so I had to come up with another filling.  I decided on cannolis.  The cannoli filing that I found was so easy and very yummy.  The "carrots" didn't turn out all that great but it seemed everyone appreciated the effort.


I also colored the deviled eggs which turned out much cuter than I thought.  And the dying was so easy!






 

And then I decided to make some treats for the nursery kids at church.  I couldn't find any triangle shaped bags, so I had to use Wilton piping bags.  They worked great, except for the purple circle at the top of the carrot.

No comments: