Saturday, May 05, 2012

Elephants

I was asked to make the kids "costumes" for the end of the year musical.  I felt kind of honored even though there was really not much to make.  They were to be elephants so I made them ears and a nose.  It was all pretty easy and quick, even though there were 18 of them.  Luckily there were a few missing for the performance.  The toddlers didn't really end up wearing the noses anyway since they are pretty young.  The performance went very well relatively speaking ;)

I just traced what I thought looked like an elephant ear.  Made the pink a bit smaller than the grey.  I doubled the grey so I would not need to stitch anything but the edges. I also thought that would work better for putting the headband through.  I cut two small slits in the grey for the headband to slide through.  It stayed on just like that.  I was prepared to stitch it in or use so glue, but when I tried it just like that it worked.  The nose is just a paper towel roll painted and then some cuts in it to bend down like an elephant nose.


No comments: