Monday, August 06, 2012

birthday board

So this is my version of the birthday calendar board that I have been seeing on pinterest.  I have actually wanted to do this kind of thing for a while.  I have just been waiting for a good moment to request someone make me the frames.  Mother's Day was a good time.  This is STILL not complete, but I am tired of waiting.  It will have a piece of molding to cover the edges of the pin board and calkboard separating them from the calendar.


This board is pretty large, being 3' x 4', but we have a large family and I figured there would be more family and friends in the future.  The lettering is from the cricut.  The hooks are from the local hardware store.  I measured everything out and made the grid.  Pre-holes were drilled for the hooks and then they were screwed in the board.  The only place I could find little frames here so I made them work.  Other than that it was just painting and gluing.  We already had a pin board which I cut to fit my purposes and I used chalkboard paint on wood for the other half of the message area.

No comments: