Monday, August 06, 2012

Book Club Dinner

So the pictures aren't all that great.  I don't know what I am doing so I am blaming it on my camera not focusing as well anymore.  Below is the dinner I put together for book club.  I guess I didn't take a picture of the pasta dish with bread that we had for our main course.  The bread was just store bought but the pasta was a lighter summer pasta with tomatoes and chicken bites.

We started with an appetizer which ended up being great.  I wasn't sure how it would all work since I have only made this where it was all kind of mixed and not separate bite size pieces.  But it looked cute so I thought I would try it.
Caprice

Then we did mini wedge salads with bluecheese dressing, tomatoes, and bacon bits.
Mini Wedge Salad

 Of course it is book club so we had some wine.  This time it was a white sangria with lemons and strawberries.  It was great for summer and the fruit was awesome!
White Sangria
 Finally we had dessert.  I found a recipe for this, but since I don't like coffee I used extra chocolate.  It was a bit odd to eat and make but it ended up being pretty good.  I could not find the mascarpone cheese so I just used a substitute which was easy to find when searching online.
Tiramisu Roulade sans espresso

No comments: